Week Twelve

 For this week, I spoke with my mentor and discussed with him what my findings were. He confirmed that I identified both unknown samples correctly. I explained how the samples I compared to the boot sample were very difficult to figure out. I had done most of my analysis at school but decided to do more at home. When I got home I compared the soils under brighter light and from there I could see a slight color difference between the two known samples and was able to distinguish correctly that the boot sample came from the location by the C building. I also got the second sample correct too. That one was a bit easier to distinguish because the three different darker samples I had were all different shades of a dark brown so when I compared them, you could notice right away that it came from the pine tree location.

Here is a picture of the pine tree sample with the unknown sample:



Comments