Week Five

 This past week has been quite a challenging one for me. I found myself juggling two demanding exams back-to-back – a Chemistry exam on Tuesday followed by a Calculus II exam on Wednesday. To make matters worse, I also came down with a cold over the weekend, which made it incredibly difficult for me to focus on studying, manage my work commitments, and keep up with my homework. Unfortunately, I didn't perform well on the Chemistry test, and I'm still anxiously waiting for the results of my Calculus II exam. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a better outcome next time. I may need to consider reducing my work hours because my education is my top priority at the moment.

Switching gears to a different topic, I decided to give the sunflower tea experiment another shot. It appeared that the first batch of nutsedge we collected was too dried up for the process. However, this time around, we encountered the nutsedge seeds that had germinated with the sunflower tea. Although most of them sprouted, there's still one lone nutsedge that hasn't shown any signs of growth, so I'm not giving up just yet.

Looking ahead to next week, our plan is to harvest more sunflowers to create a higher-concentration tea. We'll also experiment with grinding up the entire sunflower to see if it enhances the allelopathic properties. It's all part of the ongoing learning process, and I'm excited to see where this experiment takes us.






Comments