Week Eight


I can't remember if I've told you about my project progress, so I'll quickly share what I've been up to. Last week, I went to the employee parking lot and collected some leaves from the creosote bushes. They were small, so I wasn't sure how many I needed. On my way back to the lab, I noticed a strange smell coming from the leaves, and it didn't get any better. Back in the lab, I dried the leaves in the oven overnight. The next day, I ground up these dried leaves and mixed them with distilled water. I also did this process with the sunflowers to make some sunflower tea. On Monday, I watered some new seeds, and now I'm waiting to see if they grow.

Josh mentioned last week that, technically, my experiment was done, and I could stop. However, I've decided to keep going with this experiment for my project next semester. Meanwhile, I'll start looking for information about how creosote plants affect other plants. The research articles I read for my project have been really helpful.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the creosote. I could've sworn I did. Oh well.



Comments